"The borrower is the slave of the lender."

Search

Custom Search

Saturday, February 12, 2011

How To Make Garden 'Grow-Bags'

Well, it's that time of year  again.  Time to start planing my veggie garden. This is year three of my 'learning-via-mistakes' experiment and heaven knows, I've made some real doozies  but I've also learned quit a bit too...plus, it's been fun, fascinating and interesting.

Last year I discovered 'grow-bags' at one of those chain hardware stores. Because of my limited physical abilities (back surgeries, spinal fusions) I can not dig a traditional garden nor lift more than 5 Lbs. so if I want to grew veggies, which I do I need to look for a less physically demanding method. Grow Bags look to be the answer but they are pretty darn pricey. A great idea but for me they are cost prohibitive -so- I did what I always do, surf the web looking for ideas on how to get what I need for next to nothing. Not because I'm cheap, to be perfectly frank, I am dirt poor: Here's what I've found:




For a wealth of info & advice visit: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/

No comments: